Re: Grommets etc.

To: Mark.Evans@anheuser-busch.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Grommets etc.
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 14:22:26 EDT
In a message dated 08/09/2000 2:12:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Mark.Evans@Anheuser-Busch.com writes:

> I am replacing many dry rotted grommets and plugs on the '4A. They're pretty
>  easy to get out - they crumble!
>
>  Who knows an easy way to 'persuade' the new ones to fit their new home?

A bit of liquid soap (dishwashing detergent, etc.) might help; or glycerine
(if it's still available) or Cornhusker's Lotion (if it's still available;
has or had glycerine in it and it's really good for the hands as well as for
grommets)!

--Andy

Andrew Mace, President, The Vintage Triumph Register