Re: Trying to find a specific TR3 colour

To: pleask@mailhost.wlc.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trying to find a specific TR3 colour
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 10:26:13 EDT
In a message dated 08/10/2000 1:09:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
pleask@mailhost.wlc.com writes:

> Today while out and about my wife and kids saw a "TR2/3" (they think..
>  fairly sure....) that is a "Smokey Blue/Grey". Unfortunatly they did not
>  stop to ask the owner, nor get a licence plate !
>
>  As I'm getting near having to figure out a colour to paint my tub I need to
>  find out if this is a stock TR3 colour or not. And MOST important, a clear
>  picture of it and it's name.

In addition to other responses you've gotten, there is always the slimmest of
chances it was an original car restored to one of the original and fairly
rare (then and now) blues such as Salvador, or Cotswold; see
<http://www.vtr.org/maintain/paint-charts/acme2.jpg> for reasonably -- on my
monitor, anyway, though a bit dark -- good representations of those and other
late 1950s Triumph colors. Seems to me there were yet other gray-blues in the
latter 1950s in addition to the Cotswold and Salvador, such as Winchester and
Cornflower (that mostly on S-T commercial vehicles, I think).

Or find a color YOU like! :-)

--Andy

Andrew Mace, President, The Vintage Triumph Register