Re: More on Triumphest and autocross.

To: spitlist@gte.net, jmcneal@ohms.com
Subject: Re: More on Triumphest and autocross.
From: TexasTR4@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 01:07:33 EDT
Cc: fot@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com, spitfires@autox.team.net, nass@egroups.com
In a message dated 08/12/2000 10:12:20 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
spitlist@gte.net writes:

> The autocross is a solo speed event that tests not only the car's handling
> and performance, but also the driver's skills.  It consists
>  of a set of rubber pylons set up in a parking lot in the form of a course.

> The object is to drive as fast as you can around the
>  course.  Usually, you get three runs and your best time is used for
> comparison with others in  your class.

So way back in the dark ages (1967) when I participated in a Gymkana in my
Riley 1.5...how was that different than an autocross.

I went to an autocross that year, but it was longer and on roads, more like a
road race, for one car at a time.

Please enlighten me as to the difference.

RH...ol' farts want to know!