TR8 Motor question

To: Mark Andrew Dickinson <amdickin@acs.ucalgary.ca>
Subject: TR8 Motor question
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 23:36:35 -0400
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by Mark Andrew Dickinson
>In a rescent discussion I encountered a person who was 100% sure that the
TR8 motor
was in fact an Oldsmobile derivative.  I always thought that this engine
owed its
heritage to Buick.  Can anyone clarify this point for me please?  I don't
like to
spout off false knowledge and neither does the other guy.  We are just
insanely
curious.

Thanks;

Mark Dickinson
<

In a magazine article (form what mag I know not) it says that the engine
was developed by GM for the "badge-engineered range of Buicks, Oldsmobiles
and Pontiacs..."  So to call it a Buick or an Oldsmobile is equally
correct.

Sorry I missed you while I was in town.

Dave