Autocross and what's stock?

To: "INTERNET:dncullig@us.ibm.com" <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Subject: Autocross and what's stock?
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 15:50:16 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by INTERNET:dncullig@us.ibm.com
>Bud - FYI -
   My TR6 has a rear anti-sway bay and has been (IMO) correctly
classified by VTR Technical inspectors as 'stock' in every
National ('94,'95,'96,'99) and every Regional ('95,'97,'00)
event I have attended.  A rear sway bar is considered a
"period-available safety device" (not sure that is the exact
quote) that should not, in the eyes of the VTR, cause a car to
be considered modified.

Dennis Culligan / 1976 TR6 CF57948U(O) / Highland,NY
<

That's news to me!  My 71 TR6 has been clasiffied as modified because of
the rear sway bar the last two times I entered it (in 1995 Rockford and
1998 Hudson).

Dave Massey
57 TR3
71 TR6