Apology (was : AutoX and what's stock)

Subject: Apology (was : AutoX and what's stock)
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 14:20:03 -0700
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Bob :

Thanks for the link !

I note the rules also state : "It is not up to the safety inspector to
classify the car."

I could probably muster an argument that rear sway bars should be allowed
in stock class, given that there is no restriction on the size of the front
sway bar, a heavy front sway bar without a matching rear bar is dangerous,
and 5.1.7 (which specifically allows camber compensators) says "Make it
safe.".  I won't do that.

But, the main thing I see is that I clearly competed in the wrong class at
Portland.  (Although my wheels are stock Triumph wheels, they aren't stock
TR3A wheels.)  I apologize to everyone concerned.  I can only plead
ignorance, and failing to take it seriously (I never thought I'd win
anything).

Can someone please tell me who took 2nd, 3rd and first runner-up in the S2
class ?  I owe someone a trophy and an apology ...

For curiosity's sake, I'd also like to know what the top times were in the
M2 class.

Randall
59 TR3A - with TR6 wheels and F/R sway bars