Re: Flywheel Botls and Locknuts

To: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Subject: Re: Flywheel Botls and Locknuts
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 21:59:15 -0500
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
From: Graham Stretch <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
To: Phil Ethier <pethier@isd.net>
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Date: Tuesday, August 15, 2000 1:37 PM

>Throw the washer away and use red loctite.
>>
>> Phil Ethier
>
>Hi Phil
>I mainly use the Loctite blue, I find it works well and is readily
>dismantleable, why have most recommended the red form, is it incorrect to
>use the blue, I did read the specs some time ago but can't remember the
>differences. I think we have the spec sheet at work, I will try to get a
>copy to check the details. Yes we use the blue stuff at work. 8-()

Please note that I was not stating an expert opinion that you ought to use
red LocTite on Triumph flywheel fittings.  I was stating an expert opinion
that you should use red LocTite on Europa rear hub nuts, only as part of my
illustration that bent-tab washers are a bad deal in situations demanding NO
play between parts.

1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban, TR4 soon!
"If I can do it, it's not art"  - Red Green