Re: TR8 motor

To: "derek evans" <derek_evans@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: TR8 motor
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 13:30:12 -0400
Cc: "David Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "derek evans"
>my last tank of petrol (gas) with lead, for the herald cost 95c per litre.
1 galloon = 4.54litres  4.54 X .95=$4.13 per gallon

i know the aus dollar is worth about 12US cents but it is relative to the
weekly income

fortunately after two weeks i still have half a tank left (go heralds)

derek
<

Actually, we 'mur'cans talk in US gallons based on the 16 oz Pint (vs the
20 oz Pint you lot use) and consequently there are 3.785 Lt/ Gal(US).
so...

1 gal = 3.785 X .95 = $3.60 (AU)

I don't know the exchange rate but I suspect you are exagerating.  Last I
heard it was about $.25(us).  So:
3.60 X .25 = $.90 / gal.

But you are right.  It really matters on how many hours of work it takes to
buy that litre (gal(US) or gal(IMP)) of gas (Petrol).

Dave