Re: Golf scramble or match during VTR 2001???

To: econrad@teal.csn.net
Subject: Re: Golf scramble or match during VTR 2001???
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 23:43:24 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/16/00 1:25:12 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
econrad@teal.csn.net writes:

<< 1) Whether you would enjoy participating in a scramble / best ball type
 format (really for fun and getting to know your fellow Triumph brethren).
 2) Would you prefer to bring your own clubs, or would you rather rent them?
 3) Does the day this is offered matter to you?  If so, what is best?
 4) And lastly, would you prefer to pay up front (when you register for the
 convention) for this type of function?

Hello Eric
I think this is a pretty good idea - I will be at VTR 2001 and if golf is
available
in a laid back, low pressure format (I haven't played in 4 years) then I will
participate. Tues pm or Wed am either one sounds fine - having it as early
in the event as possible - "tacked on" to the front of it if you will -
should
negate any criticism of adding a golf event to an automotive convention -
i.e. if you wanna play golf come early, if you don't then take your time
getting
there, you won't miss anything.
If I decide to trailer my car, I would bring my own clubs, but availablity of
rental clubs would be pretty important for most folks driving Triumphs across
country - except, of course for Fred Thomas who, as we witnessed in Maine
last year, is capable of loading an incredible amount of stuff out of and
back into of his
TR3 at a VTR convention.  ;-)
Cheers
Jack McGahey