CT20590L back to life!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: CT20590L back to life!
From: jordan hess von kluck <kluckvon@students.uiuc.edu>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 09:08:59 -0500 (CDT)
Listers -
        My dad and I managed to get the engine started thursday afternoon
after the rebuild. We both drove it around without a bumper, windshield,
exhaust, pieces of the dashboard, blah blah. Didn't matter though - it was
still such a blast to drive the car after so long! Just a seat of the
pants judgement about the performance after installing a set of 89mm
pistons and liners from BFE and shaving the head .070" and various other
small modifications - there is a HUGE difference in the engine. Trying to
break it back in isn't easy; keeping below 3000 rpm in first gear is
somewhat of a challenge. But the it pulls very strongly in every gear
(especially 2nd) I can't wait until the engine is fully broken in...
But most importantly - I need to thank everyone who answered my various
questions along the way. We seriously couldn't have managed to get this
project done without the help of the list.
Jordan von Kluck
63 TR4 CT20590L