I must be crazy...

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: I must be crazy...
From: "Evans, Mark" <Mark.Evans@Anheuser-Busch.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 09:51:24 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
As if I didn't have enough to do on the 1966 TR4A...

Yesterday, I purchased my second Triumph. This is a 1973 Spitfire 1500 FM1698
UO. It has a tired motor and a rough body but is a blast to drive. The PO did a
good bit of suspension work and this car is really tight and nimble. I had never
driven a Spitfire until I drove this one and was really impressed. The driving
characteristics are considerably different from the TR4A yet it feels totally
Triumph. I felt I had driven it for years after 10 minutes.

My wife keeps asking what I'm going to do with it to which I respond: DRIVE IT,
of course. Since I turn 40 this November she refers to it as my 'mid-life'
crisis. Next Saturday, we buy furniture. I consider it a good compromise (or as
relative said "marital extortion").

Thus, I begin my list of Spitfire 'how to' questions.

Mark A. Evans
1966 TR4A IRS CTC63970 LO 'Tressy'
1973 Spitfire 1500 FM1698 UO 'Li'l Feat'
markaevans@mindspring.com