Re: TRF Summer Party

To: "Bob Jones" <jones_m2@popmail.firn.edu>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TRF Summer Party
From: "Don Sforza" <dsforza@megahits.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 17:29:37 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
An amusing weekend... looked rather UN-attended, relative to years past
(this was my fifth).

Food at the Sat  nite pig roast was very good... plenty to eat. Triple-C had
a keg, but most of us brought our own as TRF claimed not be supplying any
alcohol laced brew. Missed not going to the drive-in. For the same money (or
more, depending on when you registered), you got one less meal, no beer.

Overall, however, it's about driving the cars. I took my TR6 (since the
beloved Penelope is gone... sniff). This car never went more than around the
corner, or an occasional trip to Cape Cod. In spite of using a TON of oil
(gotta do that engine soon), it bore the brunt of the trip with nary a
whimper, AND got what appears to be 30 mpg!!

We left at about 2:30 PM Sunday... no one in our group expected anything in
the concours.

Don

Don Sforza      Connecticut Triumph Register      KA1WV
TR4-less, lookin for a Morgan