Re: DHL

To: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.scranton.edu>
Subject: Re: DHL
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 06:58:13 -0700
Cc: Dave Chu <dave@ece.concordia.ca>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Last year I had a sizable shipment from England via DHL (not from
Rimmer, however, maybe they collect & pay them prior to shipping, i.e.
built into the cost)... DHL billed me with a followup letter, separate
from the package, for 10% duty.

At that time I was told that you must be sure to ask the shipper to
indicate that the parts were for a "classic or collector car", to enjoy
the 10% duty. Label them "auto parts" and you get to pay 30%. This tip
saved me $150 that time alone!

I assume this is still true, judging from the price of late-model Land
Rover parts in the U.S.!

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17602L