Re: TR3 Windscreen Stanchions

To: ryoung@navcomtech.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 Windscreen Stanchions
From: TexasTR4@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 15:54:37 EDT
In a message dated 08/24/2000 4:53:55 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM writes:

> (Didja ever wonder _why_ there are brand new, perfect parts on the shelf
for
> 40
>  years ?  Sometimes, it's because they ain't so perfect ...)

Could also be because forty years ago no one really needed new parts of this
nature.  Years ago when my dad owned an auto salvage yard, it occured to me
that we never sold a rear glass out of a car.  I would think that if I had
some of them now..rear window from a 47 chevy anyone? ...it would sell for a
princely sum..but 40  years ago people seldom needed this part.  Even now, if
the windshield parts for the TR3 were all that much in demand, say like an AH
frogeye grill, they wouldn't go for $40.

RH