Re: TR-6 Directionals

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-6 Directionals
From: Joseph J Burlein <tr6guy@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 09:52:11 -0400
Sorry to say this guys.  Mine work with out the car running.  Nothing
cosmic about the car.  Stock everything (electrically speaking of
course).  I don't know what the problem could be.  Old flasher unit?  Bad
relay?

Joe

On Sun, 27 Aug 2000 08:16:03 -0700 Randall Young
<randallyoung@earthlink.net> writes:

> John :
>
> In general, the problem is voltage drop in the wiring, switches,
> etc.
> When the engine is running, the source voltage is 1.5-2.0 volts
> higher,
> which is enough to make the difference.  The common flasher is
> deliberately designed to be "on the edge", so that you can tell if a
> turn signal filament is burned out.
>
> One solution is to switch to a "heavy duty" load-insensitive
> flasher.
> You will lose the "burn out" indication, but it will flash under all
> conditions.
>
> (Of course, I'm assuming you aren't talking about the fact the turn
> signals don't work with the ignition key off <g>)
>
> Randall
>
> JRossi727@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > Hello All. Question.  Why is it that the directionals only work
> when the car
> > is running? My 74 and my son's 72 are the same. Thanks John,
> Flintstone, GA

Joe Burlein
72 TR-6
Melbourne, FL

Real cars are designed to carry only two people, anything else is just a
bus.

http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.