Leak Inquiry

To: "INTERNET:john.brubaker@us.pwcglobal.com" <john.brubaker@us.pwcglobal.com>
Subject: Leak Inquiry
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 07:10:45 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by INTERNET:john.brubaker@us.pwcglobal.com
>I was looking at a possible purchase of a 68 TR250 and while examining the
car I
noticed a noticeable leak coming from the area right in front (closer to
the
front of the car) of the rear differential.  I took a sniff of the fluid
and it
smelled like gear oil.  Any ideas what the problem may be, concerns or any
follow up questions I should ask?  I know this is limited info but I had a
limited look.
<

There are two sources for gear oil: the transmission and the differential.
Check those.

Dave

P.S. I know, I know, There should be gear oil in the trunions but there is
not enough to make it look like a leak even if it all leaked out.