TR6's FS

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6's FS
From: "Daniel S. Eiland" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 21:43:46 -0700
Hi Listers,

    The other day I posted a message to the list to see if anyone might be
interested in a couple of TR6's and some parts. I have put together some
photos of what I have and would like to tap into the collective knowledge of
the people on the list who might be able to give me some feedback as to what
the value is of what I have. You can see everything at:

TR6 Project
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/deiland1?d&.flabel=fld9&.src=ph

After openning, click on "SHOW ALL" at the top of the photo album to see all
the photos.

Please let me know if the photo album works. Thanks.

Here is a copy of the post I sent the other day which has information about
the cars.

    Due to a number of things going on around me right now,
my wife has me thinking about selling both my TR6's.
Here is the breakdown:

First Car
1971 TR6  Date of Manufacture   Jan 1971
                Comm No.  CC 60824 LO
                Paint 54       Trim 11
  Engine and transmission do not match vehicle.
        Engine No.  KD 75761 E
        Transmission  Unknown  No overdrive

The entire rear suspension looks new including all the bolts and hardware.
Has new or rebuilt shocks, new HD rear coil springs, all new poly bushings,
etc. The car has not been driven or on the road since the rebuild that I
know of. This car would need a total rebuild to be road worthy. Needs new
interior, new paint and new floor pans that I know of. The car has the trunk
mounted luggage rack that needs rechromed but otherwise in good condition
and new hinges were already installed on the hood when I received the car.
Soft top frame looks good but the soft top needs replaced.

Second Car
1972 TR6  Date of Manufacture  March 1972
                Comm No.   CC 80976  U
                Paint  96       Trim  27
                Engine No.   CC 81029 UE

 This car was bought from the third owner who never registered the car or
re-titled the car to his name. He bought the car from the second owner on
January 25, 1999. The second owner bought this car from the original owner
in March of 1984. At that time the car had 021409 original miles. The car
was last registered for the road in 1986. The odometer is currently reading
026674 miles. I have been told that is the original mileage. After looking
the car over, I suspect it is the original mileage as I was told. The seats
are in excellent condition and are still original as is the carpet. The door
upholstery looks to be in very good condition except the backings on both
doors are badly warped. All the glass looks very good but the car needs all
new weather stripping. The only thing that doesn't look original inside are
the panels behind the seats. Outside, the car has been repainted a light
yellow. Personally, I think I would strip the car and return it to the
original blue color. This car still has some of the original green radiator
hoses in place and I noticed the heater valve is off the car. Everything
else looks like it is still there. I removed all the spark plugs and the
engine will turn, so I know the engine isn't frozen. I have not tried to
start the car but the previous owner says he had the car running and drove
the car after he bought it. I had planned to do a ground up restoration on
this car. I figured with that low a mileage it would make a great show car.
I bought the 1971 as a donor car and figured I could take all the suspension
parts off the car and put them on the 72. I also have all the parts to
rebuild the front suspension and a few other items as well to start the
rebuild. This car came with a hardtop only that is in excellent condition.

Based on the cost of all the new suspension parts and the value of the two
cars, I would put the value of the total package at around $5200, and that
is probably a conservative number. I would like to see these cars and parts
go to a good home where at least the 1972 car will be fully restored. If
someone is interested and wants to make me an offer, please call me or email
me and we can talk. Would hate to have to part the cars out and sell them on
ebay. If anyone wants photos I will be glad to get out the digital and
photograph anything you would like. Please call me if you are seriously
interested.

Thanks
Dan Eiland
deiland1@elp.rr.com
Home 915-833-3979
Best time to call: weekends and evenings after 7:00pm.