Restoration Record Keeping

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Restoration Record Keeping
From: "Michael Cook" <carrera@frontiernet.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 10:02:53 -0500
First thing to remember:
Restoring an old British Car does NOT make economic sense.

IF you choose to restore/ rescue one (rather than buying the eminently more
practical/ sensible/ responsible/ reliable/ efficient/ safer/ economically
friendly Miata...)

1) Start with a worthwhile car (after thorough research, of course).
2) Buy only what you need at the best price and quality you can find.
3) Save your receipts.
4) Use your time in an efficient manner (i.e.:not keeping obsessive
records~unless you have that much free time. If you DO, you need another
hobby...or another Triumph :O ).
5) Fix the car.
6) Drive and enjoy the car.
7) Relate your stories to the TR list to motivate others who may be
suffering from TRRMDS (TRiumph Restoration Motivation Deprivation Syndrome)
8) Repeat as necessary.

If it looks like it's costing more than you'd hoped, slow down the process.
It's all about cost divided by time. The longer it takes, the cheaper it is!
(How's THAT for a rationalization??)
Think about how much you're saving in therapy...I know I am~

Keep TRying,

Mike
'73 TR6
Starting to assemble (finally) after 2 years.
....Thank Goodness I only a rough idea of how much it's costing =)