AXE Equipment engine stands

To: Triumphs-digest@autox.team.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net, conrade@qwest.net
Subject: AXE Equipment engine stands
From: LaJoMor@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 18:42:36 EST
To all...
A short while back there were some grumblings about inadequate engine stands.
Well, upon reading through my February 2001 edition of Car Craft magazine
they reviewed, used, and raved about an engine stand manufactured by AXE
Equipment, PO Box 296, Council Grove, KS 66846. Tel. 800/251-0018.

I won't quote the entire article but just the following..."But anyone who's
wrenched on engines long enough to have suffered with some of the nearly
useless, Tinker-Toy imported models out there know what a joy it is to have
something that's the best at what it does." "The choice of many pro engine
builders and most Winston Cup teams, Axe Equipment's engine stand is the best
money can buy, and you'll need a fair bit of it to get one. At $395, it ain't
cheap, but you'll never break it and never need tobuy another one, and you
could bolt a pair of blown big-blocks onto it without any worries."

>From the photos it looks marvelous. It has an adjustable clamp which allows
locking the head in any position like a vise. No pins/bolts used.  Sorry,
couldn't fine a url for a website.

Larry
TR250