RE: front brake calipers -- stuck

To: hamilton@ptd.net
Subject: RE: front brake calipers -- stuck
From: francois wildi <fwildi@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 08:53:09 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
I had the same problem last sommer on my AH3000. 80 psi do not sound
like a lot to me. Having no compressor, I fitted a bike pump on the
cut rubber line and pumped, pumped and pumped. finally it came out.
But beware, it starts to move slowly and accelerates more than you
can imagine...
Ear plugs for you and a piece of rubber between the pistons is highly
advisable.
I also used rust eater before and a clamp on the un-siezed one to
belock the 2nd one like other members of the list mentionned.

Good luck

Francois