RE: WTB sewing machine - No LBC Content

To: List Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: WTB sewing machine - No LBC Content
From: Mark Macy <ohioaviation@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 08:08:13 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@mcleodusa.net
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 08:32:51 -0800
From: "Ken Gano" <triumphs@mcleodusa.net>
Subject: WTB sewing machine

Ok, it's not strictly LBC, but related.

Does anyone know a good source for used sewing
machines?  I would like to purchase a fairly heavy
used machine.  Our local sewing machine shops
never seem to have anything heavy enough to do
upholstery work and E-bay has gotten so large that
it's hard to search without getting a 1000 hits.

Any help is appreciated.

Ken Gano

Ken:

Try your e-bay search for "Industrial Sewing Machine".
 That should trim the responses down a bunch.

For upholstery work, you want a machine with a
'walking foot'.  I have an old Singer 111W that was
ancient when I got it, and it has served me faithfully
for over 25 years.  Other brands which are well known
and durable are Consew and Juki.

Most all distributors of new machines take trade ins,
and I once saw an entire warehouse full of used
machines in Miamisburg Ohio, but they have gone out of
business.  Through the internet, it shouldn't be too
tough to find a large industrial machine dealer.  You
might also want to inquire about machine sources at
the upholstery fabric distributors.

Mark Macy
London, Ohio
TR3 TS 17734