TR6 won't start

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 won't start
From: Paul Mitchell <paul-m@mweb.co.za>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 16:04:53 +0200
Help! Trying to start my PI TR6 produces just clicks, which seem to come
from the solenoid / starter. If I turn on the ignition, I get a series
of fast clicks - 3 or 4 a second(?). The battery is OK - I've tried jump
starting it to no avail - and the normal tricks of rocking it in gear or
tapping the starter with a hammer don't work.

Further information that might help: last night was the first time I had
driven it for about 3 weeks, having just fitted a new injector, and I
had to jump start it then, but drove it happily for about 20 minutes.
Sometimes I think I can hear the engine just start to turn, then the
clicks restart.

Am I in for rebuilding the starter?

Paul
74 TR6 PI