Re: road trips

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: road trips
From: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 19:51:21 -0600
At 7:04 PM -0500 1/15/01, Fred Thomas wrote:
>Listers, with this post about MPG it brings a very good question to my mind
>even though it has no mechanical value, when traveling on the open road for
>long distances (over 100 miles 1 way) I always have my top up, not just for
>the noise, but, with the top down the wind just beats me to death, a very
>tiring experience at the end of a long drive, also my doctor advises that
>never travel in a open car without ear plugs, very bad for your ear drums
>and your hearing in the future, any comments on this from the list, just
>thinking out loud I guess.   "FT"

I guess my take on advice of that nature is as follows:

If you don't drink, don't smoke, don't fraternize with women (or men,
as the case may be), and always obey the posted speed limit ... you
still may not live to be 100, but it will sure as heck feel like it.

That being said - yes, I do feel that at the relatively young age of
26, my hearing is somewhat impaired.  SWMBO certainly thinks so.  The
open top and the loud exhaust on my Spitfire may well have
contributed to this, though I've also certainly attended some loud
concerts (if you can call rock band performances concerts).

My $.02.

Dan
--
Dan Buettner  -  Des Moines, Iowa  -  mailto:danb@thelittlemacshop.com

1957 TR3, TS15098L, now with an O!  Undergoing frame-off restoration
begun 9/99.  Currently awaiting warm weather and funds.

1977 Spitfire, FM64159U, with an O.  In need of a comprehensive
restoration (again); will probably become a Spit6 or a Spit8.

Visit the Team.Net Triumph list member pages at:
http://www.thelittlemacshop.com/trsite/index.html
Photos, downloads, member bios, and more!