Re: Limited Slip Differential

To: "Stevens" <stevensemail@home.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Limited Slip Differential
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 22:23:27 -0500
> Listers,
>
> I am thinking of installing the limited slip differential, that Moss has
on
> sale, in my TR4A IRS.  Has anyone installed this unit?  How well does it
> work?  Are there any other places you can buy one?  Any and all
information
> will be helpful!!
>
> Thanks,
> Rex

Anyone thinking about going the LSD route in their IRS Triumph should
contact Richard Good, http://www.goodparts.com .  He makes a kit to convert
swap the standard diff out and it is replaced with a Nissan 300ZX LSD diff.
The nice thing, for US TR6 owners is that the ratio is the same... 4.1:1.
It isn't a clutch, or gear LSD either... it is a viscous limited slip, and
Richard explained the differences to me and they seemed to out shine both
the clutch and gear types (although any has to be an improvement over an
open diff).  Price was $500 for the kit sans differential (source your own),
and $975 for the whole conversion.  It's a straight bolt on using Richard's
bracketry and things...

Havent' done it yet, thinking about it for the Super6 though.  Local
junkyards charge $150 plus $50 core for a used Nissan 300ZX diff.

--
Kai M. Radicke -- kai@radiohead.net
1974 Triumph TR6 -- Supercharged