Re: TR3 sway bar question

Subject: Re: TR3 sway bar question
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 21:12:23 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Dan :

VB's catalog is flat wrong. (which is not unusual)
Addco's web site at
http://www.addco.net/products/triumph.shtml
specifies 'post-58' (which isn't strictly accurate, but ...)

The issue is that the Addco bar (which I have) mounts to the front
bumper supports on the 3A-3B.  Those supports are considerably different
on the TR2/3, with no flat surface to mount the swaybar pivots to.  You
could undoubtedly fab some suitable brackets, but it would take some
work.

TRF sells the same sway bar kit from Addco (according to the 1995
Glovebox companion), they just have the application information right.

BTW, I have the rear bar too.  Definitely helps reduce understeer, IMO.

Randall