Re: road trips

To: "Jeff Johnson" <76TR6@flashcom.com>, "Dan Buettner" <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>, "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: road trips
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 23:49:34 -0600
From: Jeff Johnson <76TR6@flashcom.com>

>get laughed at because I look like  a gladiator at best or an alien, what
>with the respirator, goggles and hearing protectors.

My wife calls me Darth Vader when I do that.

>I know that in today's world wearing a leather flight helmet while driving
>your LBC might look goofy, but hey, those early sports car drivers knew
>something about protecting their eardrums. Think about it- today we travel
>about as fast in our cars as they did in their aeroplanes.

My wife puts cotton in her ears when at speed in the TR4.

>As for rock concerts, the last one I went to was George Thorogood at the
>Newport in Columbus, OH. Couldn't hear for 3 days and have no desire to do
>that again.

I walked out on George.  Crow was at the other end of the bridge, and they
sounded better.  All six of us watching said so.

"It makes a nice noise when it goes faster"
- 4-year-old Adam, upon seeing a bitmap of Grandma Susie's TR4.