Spare 3a leaf out there?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spare 3a leaf out there?
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 10:01:58 -0500
Roadsters,
The leaf springs on my 3a are now all apart and all are in good shape but
for one of the smallest leaves which has broken in two. Has anyone got a
spare they could part with?
I had a long and friendly conversation with my local heavy truck spring
shop yesterday and they don't have any stock this thin. Furthermore, albeit
less important, they just cut whatever length is required so the ends
aren't tapered.

Meanwhile a side question - he says NOT to lubricate between the leaves,
that the inherent friction is part of the design. What do you think of
that? It didn't seem quite right to me but I wasn't about to argue with a
guy who spends his life dealing with leaf springs, and who spent about an
hour educating me and examining every leaf gratis.
TIA,
Jim