Re: Clutch shaft removal

To: Ken Waringa <kwaringa@dynsys.com>, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch shaft removal
From: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 19:15:17 -0500
Alignment is critical. I tried 3-4 release bearings, thinking one after
another was bad (used AND new). Finally discovered that the yoke was just a
hair cockeyed. When only one of those pins is pushing the bearing against a
spinning clutch, it makes a screeching sound that'll curl your hair!

(Kicker is that the old gearbox I was replacing had a welded-on yoke!
Perfectly aligned, so it CAN be done.)

The good news is, I'm now rather good at removing/reinstalling gearboxes! I
think the SIXTH time was the charm!  :^)

Michael Ferguson
1959 TR3A  TS53990L...O