Re: Three TR6 questions?

To: rochlin@massed.net
Subject: Re: Three TR6 questions?
From: Joseph J Burlein <tr6guy@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 21:11:34 -0500
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Bob,

1)  Might want to try laying it out in the hot sun for a while then
stretching it bit by bit on the car the same way.  Although, at an inch
and a half short, I don't think it will ever come back.

2) One of them was part of the of the dealer optional center console.
The other was put anywhere under the dash the dealer felt like.

3) I just pulled out the horn button/rubber donut and removed the really
big nut underneath.  Then I pulled on the steering wheel.  Wheel and hub
came right off.

Joe Burlein

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001 20:01:32 -0500 "Bob Rochlin" <rochlin@massed.net>
writes:

> Hi guys,
>     Could you give me your sage input on three Questions:
>
> 1. How do you stretch an old tonneau cover? The one that came with
> my car
> seems to have shrunk about an inch and a half front to back.  Anyone
> had
> success stretching one?
> 2. Where was the cigarette lighter that came in the TR6 as on option
> located?
> 3. Do you pull the steering wheel hub with a three arm puller and
> bolts the go
> into the steering wheel mounting holes?
>
> I appreciate your help.

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]