Which OD do I have?

To: Bob and Nancy <wises@mail.execpc.com>
Subject: Which OD do I have?
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 08:58:47 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Bob and Nancy
>1.  serial number 28/1447/003666
2.  It has what I can best describe as a 450 angle rear mount.  Does
that make sense to anyone?
3.  It has another mount looking thing on the bottom that would
appear to take rubber-bushed torque mount.  Does that make sense?

Sorry about the vague nature of my descriptions.  Can anyone
enlighten me as to which OD I might have?
<

Bob,

Sounds like a J-type.  Does it have two rear mounts at a 45 deg angle from
each other?  Is the solenoid mounted in a horizontal orientation?  Does it
have a 3 inch extension between the ocerdrive and the transmission?  If so
it is a J-type and you are right, it will not fit without frame
modification.  Who ever told you it would fit a TR3 was wrong.  But it does
fit a late model TR6 and perhaps you can swap it.

Good luck.

Dave