Re: (no subject)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: (no subject)
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 11:10:59 EST
In a message dated 1/28/2001 10:44:37 AM Eastern Standard Time,
TR250Driver@aol.com writes:

> We are doing a overdrive conversion on a late 71 tr-6.  It is an A type
> overdrive and requires it's own relay.  None of the books show were the
> overdrive relay was located.  There is already 2 relay's located next to
> the
> fuse box.  I was wondering if anyone could tell me were the third (ie:

The TR6 only has a place for two relays. If the car came from the factory
without an O/D unit, the relay that would have been used for it was given
over to another function. The two relays you have are for the starter and for
the horns - I don't remember offhand which relay function was NOT used if the
car had an O/D. You'll have to find a location for your relay. I wouldn't
recommend rewiring to give up one of the existing relays to serve as the O/D
relay. The location of the relay is not important - you can mount it under
the hood near the others, or under the dash, whichever you prefer.

Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee

Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook:
http://members.aol.com/danmas6/
Stuffing a V8 into a small British sports car:
http://members.aol.com/danmas/
MGBV8 Newsletter:
http://members.aol.com/danmas4/mgv8.htm