TR6 hardtop headliner installation

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, owner-6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 hardtop headliner installation
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 11:39:27 -0800 |July 24, 2000) at 01/29/2001 02:40:32 PM
Fellow listers,

I am in the process of restoring my TR6 hardtop.  The top  needs to be
repainted.  The glass is fine; all rubber parts except window seals need
replacing.  The headliner is questionable.  So before I decide to replace
or repair I wanted seek out the advice of listers who have traveled this
path before me.

How does one install a new headliner inside the side and rear window seals?
Do I have to remove the windows prior to installing the headliner?
Can I remove the windows without damaging the seals so I could use the same
on reinstallation?

TIA.

Dave Stauffacher
Ramona, Ca