Re: Electric Fan

To: mikek@wanadoo.fr
Subject: Re: Electric Fan
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 21:49:19 FILETIME=[7FECE4B0:01C08B06]
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>I agree , if the engine is not running and the ignition is on .When
>the engine is running , it all depends where the ammeter is wired .
>I've never heard the ammeter needle go "boink"... yet !

  IT's more of a visual experience. Whenever I see it happen I'm really
  glad I converted from a generator to an alternator...

  A similar audio experience is like when I lived in this old farm house
  without a lot of insulation. Everytime the heater kicked on in winter,
  I definitely heard my checkbook go "boink" even if I was upstairs:)

>How many horsepower motor have you got on your fan ?

  I dunno but when I'm driving, I really have to watch my speed when it
  kicks in... Ya might say "It really sucks":O)

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)