Re: Oh what a night! (Long)

To: rhelman@xmission.com, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oh what a night! (Long)
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 14:45:35 -0700
On Tue, 7 Jan 2003 12:41:13 -0700, Roger Helman @ home <rhelman@xmission.com>
 wrote:

> Exactly a new car is no shield to break downs. Every since my 2000
> Expedition was hit and the air bags went off. The Odometer will
> intermittently go off and on. When it is off the truck has no power and
> runs
> like crap and when the odmeter comes back on everything is fine. I know
> it
> is a loose connection some where but where? They Dealer has been nice but
> can't reproduce the problem or fix it either. arghhh. At least my 6
> either
> starts or it doesn't.

Ouch. I didn't mention that my friend, while painting my TR4 with an
unreliability brush, described his wife's Ford Explorer as having "no problems
 at all." Except that the frame was bent when they drove it
off the lot. And the check engine light. An exhaust system problem....
So while my friend wants a 'reliable' new car, he also wants to buy
it from a nearby dealership so it's easy to get it fixed.

Perhaps a look-the-other-way coping mechanism makes sense when
you consider how much a new car costs. Not that I haven't had a
problem or two with my old car, but I can usually fix mine and drive home.
Still it would be nice if there were a Triumph dealership nearby.

--
Steven Newell
Littleton, CO