RE: Listers age--No LBC content--

To: <ZoboHerald@aol.com>, "'Scott Tilton'" <sdtilton@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Listers age--No LBC content--
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 12:23:37 -0500 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h08HRARO027966
Well my story is the opposite of what you guys are describing.  I was
given a car to go off to school in at the age of 18.  When I was at the
dealership picking up the VW, I looked across the parking lot and saw a
white TR6 (all the cars I see are white for some reason) in the used car
area.  This was in 1981 btw.

I took a long look at it from a safe distance and decided that I SHOULD
NOT under any circumstances walk over there.  If I had it would have
been all over.

This was a good decision since I kept the VW for 7 years after that, but
treated it like the proverbial "red-headed step-child."  If I had come
home with the TR6 at that point, then I can guarantee that it would have
suffered a similar fate and there would be one less Six on the road.

So by waiting an extra 20 years, I figure that I was helping everyone
out by not destroying a Triumph.  Well now, I've got one and while it's
not perfect, it's also not subject to the shenanigans that I would have
put it through at a younger age.

This is not intended to be a slight to anyone younger than I who owns a
Triumph; I was just not what you would call a responsible driver in
those days.

R. Ashford Little II
www.geocities.com/ralittle2