TR2 project

To: triumphtr2@direcway.com
Subject: TR2 project
From: francois wildi <fwildi@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 09:09:08 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Cameron,
TR3/TR4 engines and trannys are very common. They will all fit a TR2.
The visible difference in engines will be the cylinder head (the
early TR's are the "low port" head and the later types the "high
port") and the carbs and carbs manifolds. TR2's has 11/2" carbs with
2 bolts above and below the manifolds and TR3/4's 4 bolts at 45
degrees from the vertical.
I just bought a used TR4 tranny for $100, TR3 should be even less
because they are less popular due to the non-synchro 1st gear. Tranny
from TR2 to TR6's will actually fit your car.

An engine will set you back $150-$200 (I have seen complete one go on
ebay for just over $100 and I bought mine just over $200 (without the
head but plus some ancillaries) because it was an rarer TR3B block.

Francois