Re: BEST penetrating oil

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BEST penetrating oil
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 07:52:19 +0000
On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, at around 15:31:18 local time, Chad Jester
<triumph74tr6@yahoo.com> wrote:
>OK list......here is the BEST penetrating oil I have ever found.
>
>Peppermint Oil.  Pick it up at your local pharmacy.
>
>I have used it on heavily corroded fasteners in the hot section of gas
>turbine engines and on my Triumphs with much success.  Just be careful
>you don't get it in your eyes!  Only a few drops will work wonders on
>stuck parts.

<boggle>

That would never have occurred to me in a million years.   I think my
wife has some peppermint oil for adding to her bath to make it smell
nice - I'll run a test on something that has really corroded to hell and
gone, and see what happens.

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FH105671