'62 TR4 Update

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: '62 TR4 Update
From: "Ronald Griffing" <ragriffi@smt-net.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:23:16 -0800
I got a few of the pictures I took of the car posted, as well as A diary of
the work done to this point.

The tidbits, for those that care to look are at
http://www.smt-net.com/~ragriffi/tr4.htm

After sitting for 15-20 years the master cylinders are seized, and the
engine won't budge by the starter.  I guess I need to replace the master
cylinders, as they are seized (the covers won't spin off, and the push rods
won't move even after soaking with PB blaster for two days.)

I found the information on coil terminal labeling CB/SW vs. +/- in the
Winter 2005 British Motoring Tech Q&A column.  It came in the mail with my
Moss Motors catalog yesterday.  As I thought SW is Switch.  CB is for
Contact Breaker.  My coil was still wired for positive ground. I swapped the
leads. After replace the broken crimp-on terminal going to the distributor.
I still need to reverse the leads on the Ammeter as it reads + while trying
to crank the engine!

I put a couple of tablespoons of Marvel Mystery Oil in each cylinder and let
it soak two days before attempting to turn it over, even with the spark
plugs out, the starter won't budge it.  The starter is engaging and
attempting to turn, as I hear it spin after it disengages.  Any ideas from
the group on turning the engine without tearing it apart, or am I just going
to have to dig into it?

Ronald Griffing
62 TR-4 CT1550L
Scio, Oregon