Re: Two TR3A radiator questions

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Two TR3A radiator questions
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 16:13:39 -0700
AMfoto1@aol.com wrote:

>The TR4 coolant overflow bottle you bought is simply an overflow catch tank.
>That's all that were ever fitted to TR4s. You can mount it just about anywhere
>because the coolant won't be sucked back into the radiator. It's a one way
>trip.

I added a TR4A recovery bottle to my no-neck TR4 radiator and it
certainly sucks -- I mean it works and draws the overflow back into the
radiator as things cool down.  The bottle is mounted very low.
Difference between hot & cold in the bottle is about 1.5 inches.

As Randall noted the hose inside the bottle goes to the bottom with an
angle cut so it can pick up okay.

OTOH -- I have already told John W that if he gets this to work on a
TR3A I want to know how he did it.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4