[TR] New Car in Garage

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] New Car in Garage
From: "C Musson TR" <cfmtr3a@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 00:26:56 -0400
My wife surprised me by asking to 'drop by' the dealership to see the
new Saturn Sky on Monday.  As we were ready to leave she quietly asked
if I wanted to put a deposit down.  I said I would think about it.

All day yesterday, I was asking her if she really wanted to.  she kept
putting me off - I'd like an automatic; I really like the blue; etc..
Seems that last December she put down a deposit on one and sometime
yesterday she went to the Credit Union, got the check and picked me up
last night to 'go look one more time'.  By then, I was getting
interested.  We walked in and the sales manager walked up and handed me
the key.  Talk about surprised.

It is a pleasure to drive. reminds me of the first time I drove a '6
back in the 70's.  Very responsive and really hugs the road.   Deep
Forest Green with Tan accent interior and tan top.  The 5 speed peaks at
the right speed and is real easy to move through the gears.

She promised me that I still can have the TR3.  the Sky is 'our' car (it
has air conditioning) and the TR will be 'mine'..  In the meantime - I
need to go for a top down drive .  first night-time one in several
years..

Carl
TR3A in Tampa

===     http://www.vtr.org