[TR] TR6: brake pipe to caliper leaking fluif

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR6: brake pipe to caliper leaking fluif
From: Greg <one_second_zero@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 12:28:50 -0700 (PDT)
I have just completed (or at least reassembled) a complete brake and suspension
renewal on my 76 TR6.   Now I'm sorting out the odds and ends.   One of those
items is a pesky little brake fluid leak at the left front caliper where the
brake pipe screws into the caliper.   The caliper is a freshly rebuilt unit
from Apple and the brake pipe is brand new also (TRF).   I've tightened the
pipe as tight as I dare (for fear of stripping or breaking something) but it is
still seeping a tiny amount of brake fluid around the threads of the brake pipe
where it screws into the caliper.  I am using DOT 4 brake fluid.   Any thoughts
or suggestions?  I'm stumped.  The few other leaks I found, I was able to stop
by just tightening down the fittings a little more.  This one doesn't seem to
be responding.

  Thanks, Greg H
  1976 TR6
  Denton, TX