[TR] Spending cash on cars!

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Spending cash on cars!
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@wight365.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 23:39:34 +0100
Hi Folks
How many of you can relate to this?
A friend of ours came to the club meeting last night and was bemoaning
spending several hundred pounds of hard found cash on her gorgeous Spitfire
1500, chasing a ticking noise, which I suggested was a half shaft UJ, but
every time she asked me to listen the noise stopped, so I wasn't sure! The
UJ's are new in appearance, though I know it could be the yoke is
elongated.She had a new propshaft and diff fitted (needed them too) and the
noise is still there!
She then went to Devon from the Isle of Wight, as she neared Southampton on
the return leg the rear wheel bearing went, more money!
After all her moaning and long face she looked up and said,
"It sounds gorgeous." with which her face changed to a Cheshire cat smile,
you know the one, from ear to ear flip top head type smile!
At this I commented that she really didn't mind about the money judging from
her smile.
"Guess I don't". says she!
Ticking noise is still there, could it be a timing device counting down to
the next mechanical failure?

Graham