[TR] Healey Sportsmobile picture update

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Healey Sportsmobile picture update
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 10:20:06 +0100
Dear All,

I have just received the following response from the Association of
Healey Owners:

Hi, I've checked our list of cars which confirms GVB 24 was a
Sportsmobile, but beyond that we don't know anything - it just has a
question mark, which means that it might exist, but if so we don't know
where.

You might know that there were only about 23 Sportsmobiles made, so they
were pretty rare even when new! We only know of 4 that survive, 3 in the
UK and one in the USA.

So, my picture is of a real car, with a real registration number, which
is rather nice.   Mind you, it is a pity that it is not a car that the
club has any current record of.

I have replied to the AHO thanking them for the information, and
informing them that there is a fifth car in existence, in Germany.   I
didn't know how pro-active they might be about seeking new members, so I
didn't give them your e-mail address, Eric!

ATB
--
Mike
Ellie  - 1963 White Triumph Herald 1200 Convertible GA125624 CV

===     http://www.vtr.org