Re: [TR] Exhaust back-pressure - getting detailed in a general

To: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Subject: Re: [TR] Exhaust back-pressure - getting detailed in a general
From: emanteno@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 11:23:10 +0000
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>

> So, before I go nuts changing all sorts of things, I want to find out if the
> baffles are choking the engine.
Mark,

In my case, the switching of my old exhaust system ( a very worn out Super
Sprint free flow, had a lifetime guarantee but they went out of business) to
SuperTrapp mufflers resulted in no power at all above 4500, in an engine that
used to pull happily to 6200. The SuperTrapps are headed for the dumpster. If
the only change that you made was to the exhaust, it could be the problem. I'd
sure like to know if that is what it turns out to be.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
Highland Park, IL

===     http://www.vtr.org