RE: [TR] compression test

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] compression test
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 18:41:36 -0700
> I did a compression test on my TR250 today. Here's
> what I got:
>
> cylinder, pressure (psi)
> 1, 185
> 2, 190
> 3, 195
> 4, 195
> 5, 185
> 6, 190
>
> What do you guys think of the spread here? 185 to 195 is
> a 5% delta.

Normally you look at the spread from the mean, making that a +/- 2.5%
variation.

Quite good IMO, I wouldn't worry about it.  There is almost always some
small variation, unless you were very careful to blueprint the motor while
rebuilding it.  And there is really little point in that, unless you're
building a race motor.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org