RE: [TR] TR6 clutch engagement squeal?

To: "'Lanoway, Brian'" <Brian_Lanoway@standardaero.com>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR6 clutch engagement squeal?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 11:40:02 -0700
> Preloading the bearing makes a lot of sense; my TOB seems
> fine once it's
> loaded.  I'd like to try this.  Any suggestions as to how and
> where to add the
> extra spring to do this?

Nelson Riedel reprinted Wiard Pless' translation of Joachim Gunst's
directions ... they say to replace one of the tunnel hold-down bolts with a
longer bolt (1"), then use a nut to fix the spring anchor to the protruding
bolt.  The kit includes a metal strip anchor to fit over the bolt, which you
drill for the spring end.  The other spring end goes in the bottom hole in
the clutch lever.

I've attached a copy, or if you read German, the original is at
http://www.gunst.de/Einbau.htm

Randall

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pdf which had a name of
Gunst Clutch bearing instructions from Nelson.pdf]

===     http://www.vtr.org