[TR] seals or rails are on the level?

To: list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] seals or rails are on the level?
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 19:50:55 -0400
List,
I have been given some tower-like scaffolding which I will lay on it's side to
elevate my TR3 while I work on it's sills, floorpans, bodywork even the
interior over the winter.  I also have 4  dolly-wheels to stick under it's four
corners so that I can push it indoors.  Originally, I wanted to drive it up on
these 17" ramps, however, their really too short and I don't want to run the
engine anymore than I have to.  (It's hard to restrain myself- I've now got 3
hours of run time on my rebuild.)
I now am thinking that I should put these two 8' long horizontal towers under
both rails.  I suppose that if I do, that the car  will be level, correct?  Is
the bottom of the sill usually or always or never level with the bottom of the
rails?

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey- NDaTr
60 TR3