[TR] Non-BLC; Toes in or out?

To: "Triumph Email List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Non-BLC; Toes in or out?
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 16:59:53 -0400
Sorry for the non-LBC post, but this list is quite knowlegable on obscure
affairs so I thought I'd give it a go. I seized hold of a mahogany dining room
set when an aged relative was fumbling with her oxygen bottle and not looking.
It's got a nice double-pedestal table. Having disassembled the table in the
dark and scuttled out quickly I wasn't looking at the before-side for long.
Now that re-assembly time comes, I'm left wondering. This is the type with 3
feet on each pedestal. Do the toes point out or together? i.e do you have a
single foot pointing out from each end, or toward each other in the middle?
I'm pretty certain they point together, but this table (type that stretches
out to half a block long with slip in leaves in the middle) seems to permit
either configuration.

Mark
1972 TR6 (with definitely too much toe-in)

===     http://www.vtr.org