[TR] Oh, that creaking and squeaking....

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Oh, that creaking and squeaking....
From: richard triplett <rtriplett25@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 11:16:47 -0700 (PDT)
Offending car is a 1960 TR3A (TS75434)....

I rebuilt the front suspension on the TR3 two years ago. Replaced all the
bushings with plain ol' rubber stuff and it drove nicely for the first year.
After waking the car up from it's slumber this Spring it protested by emitting
loud squeeks and creaks from the front suspension. Particularly the driver's
side. Thinking it might go away, I drove it a fair amount. It has stayed the
same, maybe a little worse. You can get some good volume squeeking by simply
pushing down on the front fender. I pulled the wheels and checked everything
over for looseness or the bushings starting to flatten or wear out already.
Everything still looks new.

I really don't want to pull the upper and lower control arms to lube the
bushings, and I seem to remember this is not a good idea for the rubber
bushings anyway as it breaks them down quickly. Any quick and easy suggestions
for dampening this squeeking?

Thanks, Richard

===     http://www.vtr.org