[TR] Towing Triumphs

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Towing Triumphs
From: "sherman" <cm.sherman@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 11:34:45 -0400
I've been trying to figure out an economical, simple way to tow my TRs
without the expense and bother of a trailer.

Most trailers have to be registered and inspected with the DMV, and a tow
dolly can be expensive. I could rent but for a small investment, why not
own... that lead me to explore using a Tow Bar ($450).

I was planning to install a www.draw-tite.com hitch ($350 installed), plus
accessories ($50: Ball Mount; rear lights, etc.) and an Adjustable Mount Tow
Bar from (http://www.rvtoyoutlet.com/p-7514.html) ($50).

Here's the set-up I was thinking for my TR6, using the front bumper mounts
to secure the bar - http://www.trregistry.com/sherman/towbar.jpg

What are your thoughts and ideas...

Corey Sherman